Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Kei-Rate

Kei Igawa is in the house. Cash Money keeps talking down expectations on Igawa, and lowering the bar for his introduction to the Bronx. It may turn out that Igawa is a league average guy with some rocky outings, but something in my gut tells me he'll do better than that. He won't be Daisuke Matsuzaka by a long shot, but he could shore up the back end of the Bombers rotation and make life very hard on teams who are looking for a weak link in the Yankees iron chain.

I wrote a few pieces about Igawa after winning his posting rights, so you can check out my thoughts at your leisure. I also submitted a piece to Mike A. over at Pending Pinstripes and I'm guessing that should be up soon as well.

In the meantime, welcome to the Bronx Kei Igawa. Kore kara yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I read all the links! I did a much simpler comparison of Matsuzaka vs. Igawa in my 12/18 post. It will be interesting to see how these guys work out.


Kevin