Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Curtis Blow(s)

Man, do I hate Curt Schilling. Even though he beat us with the bloody ankle, I’m happy he’s not a Yankee. If you recall, the Sox and Yanks were bidding for his services a few years ago. We split the two Diamondback aces between us, and while it seems the Red Stockings got the stronger pitcher, I’d rather watch Randy Johnson pitch mediocre baseball, than be forced to cheer for a schlub like Schilling.

The guy is renowned for his idiotic, arrogant, and self-aggrandizing public statements, and on top of all that he’s a loyal Bushie. They somehow put up with his religious right antics in the heart of dyed in the wool liberal New England. Funny what a plus fastball will do for a guy. Yuck. I feel sick even writing about him.

So, you might imagine that I was more than a little happy to see him get beaten up by the Yankees in Game Two of this early season meeting. However, unlike fans in Red Sox Nation, my pleasure in the result of the game doesn’t derive exclusively from the failure of my rival. I am beaming at the victory for the following reasons:

1. Mike Mussina has posted a quality start in every appearance this season.

2. Jason Giambi is on his way to the AL MVP with the way he’s dominating.

3. Alex Rodriguez responded to the Boss’ rant with a big home run.

4. Scott “The Proct-ologist” Proctor gave Manny a thorough exam in the 7th. (Plus, no Sturtze!)

5. I predicted a 5-3 Yankee win at Bronx Banter yesterday.

Two notes on Red Sox players:

1. David Ortiz continues to kill the Yankees…even though Myers was unlucky.

2. Mike Lowell is having an outstanding year. I’ll pat myself on the back.

Game Three is the rubber match with Chacon and Wakefield dueling it out. I like the Yankees to win by a score of 9-4, with another big day for Giambi. See you on the other side.

No comments: